|Orchestra Shannon Shanahan - Sixth through Eighth Grade (Send e-mail)|
Please mark your calendars!
• Our Orchestra yearbook picture will be taken on Wednesday, January 17 at 7:20. This is not a regular rehearsal day so I do apologize for adding another early morning drop off. Unfortunately this date worked best in coordinating with the rest of the school/the photographers. Kids should wear normal school clothes--no uniforms. No instruments are needed for the picture. There are no make-ups for these pictures, so be sure to be there!
• Lincoln-Way East will again be hosting the Strings Extravaganza on Monday, February 12th. I will be passing on details as soon as I have them. This was a fun event for the kids that involved a TON of string players, great music, and lots of pizza! Be on the lookout for more info soon!
And finally, we are going to begin using Remind for some of our communications. These will be occasional extra reminders via text message in addition to the emails that you already receive. All parents of an Orchestra student should sign up using the following link: https://www.remind.com/join/cbfkbc
We will also be making these codes available to students in the near future. Please let us know if you would like to opt your child out and we can make sure that they do not receive any reminders.
Please feel free to email me if you’re not sure what Remind is.
Please see the link below for our sectional schedule.
please use the link to Mr. Adams' teacher page to find our Instrumental Handbook.
Mr. Adams' page:
Frequently asked questions:
1. When does Orchestra begin?
a. Our first morning rehearsal will be August 31st at 7:00 a.m. in the HCMS Orchestra Room.
2. When does Orchestra rehearse?
a. Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7:00 a.m. Students can be dropped off as early as 6:45.
3. How do sectionals work?
a. Sectionals are run differently at HCMS than they were at Chelsea. Each student will have 1 sectional every 2 weeks during one of their encore classes. Sectionals do not begin the first week or so of school. We are still waiting on our student lists and schedules but I will definitely be in touch once we have all of the details worked out.
4. Where can I find the calendar?
a. Our Instrumental Music Calendar can be found inside the handbook on Mr. Adams’ teacher page under links. This document is ever changing so we find it easier to keep it on one teacher page so we are always sure to be looking at the most recent version of the calendar.
Cool LinksMr. Adams' Teacher Page