|Amy Brandner - Kindergarten (Send e-mail)|
Hello, Kindergarten families! I'm Mrs. Brandner (Brad-ner), & am honored to be your child's teacher! We're going to have a fabulous year of learning, growing, & having fun! :-)
We have 24 wonderful friends in class this year: 12 girls & 12 boys.
Thank you for checking our website often for important dates, reminders, I CAN statements, & our classroom newsletter!
*** Take-Home Folders come home each day containing important notes & completed work.
Please be sure to check/empty it each night, & send in any info back to me via the folder!
(Please see the Remind 101 downloadable page to sign up for instant text alerts from me!)
*** Specials do NOT occur every Mon., Tue., etc.... Instead, they'll fall on a T, I, G, E, or R day. When we're off school, it's a NO LETTER day.
T day: P.E. & Technology
I day: P.E.
G day: P.E & Library
E day: P.E. & Music
R day: P.E. & Art.
P.E.: every day! Please have gym shoes at school. Lunch: 11:20-11:40, then Recess: 11:40-12:00
** Lincoln-Way East Science Department to host science night for future Griffins!
I CAN statements break down objectives into learning targets students can read & understand.
Q4 I CAN Statements:
* I can put letters together to make words.
* I can sound out words.
* I can identify the first, middle, and ending letter in a word.
* I can hear, say, and write words that rhyme.
* I can clap the sounds I hear in a word.
* I can break up words into parts.
* I can put together the first sound with the last part to make a word.
* I can break up a word into the first sound and the last part.
* I can separate and say the beginning, middle, and ending sounds in C-V-C words.
* I can add or change letters in words to make new words.
* I can say the sound a consonant makes,
* I can quickly read high frequency words.
* I can spell words with long and short vowels.
* I can tell you letters that are different in words that I read.
* I can tell you the meaning of a word from a story that I have heard or read.
* I can tell you two meanings for a word I know (duck: bird or to duck/bat: baseball bat or animal bat).
* I can tell you the meaning of a word when I add these endings (ed, s, ful, less).
* I can tell you the meaning of a word when I add these beginnings (re-, un-, pre-).
* I can ask & answer questions about key details in a book with help.
* I can ask & answer questions to find the meaning of a word in a book.
* I can compare and contrast what happens to characters in stories Iíve heard.
* I can read a story & tell you what it is about.
I can tell you the reasons an author uses details on a book with help.
* I can tell you similarities & differences between two books.
* I can understand & use questions words (who, what, where, when, how and why).
* I can use drawing & writing to tell how I feel about a topic of a book.
* I can use drawing & writing to name a topic and tell something about it.
* I can improve my writing by adding details with help from adults & peers.
* I can use different technology with help from adults & friends to create/publish writing.
* I can participate in a group project & write and tell about a favorite author and their stories.
* I can answer questions about something that has happened from my experiences or something Iíve learned with help.
* I can count to 100 by 10ís & 1's.
* I can write numbers 0-50.
* I can show subtraction.
* I can subtract to solve word problems.
* I can quickly subtract from numbers up to 5.
* I can count starting with any number.
* When I count objects, I can write the number to show how many.
* I can show what number is needed to add to another number to make 10.
This week in classMonday
I day: P.E & Science activity in the afternoon
G day: P.E. & Library
Location: Back Soccer Fields
**Mrs. Borden & Mrs. Winkler are looking for Library Volunteers! If interested, please sign up via the link, or email them directly: https://signup.com/client/invitation/6775657374/1568193/false
E day: P.E. & Technology
R day: P.E. & Art
*Running Club! *
Location: Back Soccer Fields
T Day: P.E. & Technology
*RSVP's due for Field Day on May 31st!*
NO SCHOOL - Good Friday
1st Day of Running Club!
Field trip to UGA!
RSVP due for Field Day (May 31st)
Mother's Day Tea! 1:00-2:30
Field Trip to Fort Frankfort- End of Year Picnic!
Downloads ListBehaving Beautifully! Our Classroom Management System [9/2/2016]
Box Top Sheet [8/26/2016]
Brandner Bulletin: April Newsletter [4/6/2017]
Brandner Bulletin: March Newsletter [3/1/2017]
GP March 2017 Newsletter [2/28/2017]
Kindergarten No Excuse Words.pdf [8/21/2016]
Remind 101 Enrollment Instructions [9/15/2016]
Running Club Permission Slip [3/22/2017]
Sight Word Fun & Games! [10/2/2016]
State of the District [1/24/2017]
TIGER 2016-2017 Calendar [9/8/2016]
Words Their Way - Parent Letter [12/4/2016]
Cool LinksABCYa - Educational Games & apps for kids!
Dr. Seuss presents: Seussville!
Fun ways to practice sight words!
FunBrain - Reading & math adventures for kids!
Raz- Kids: Online guided reading program with interactive ebooks, downloadable books, & reading quizzes.
Scholastic Book Order
Starfall: Phonics, Reading, & Math Practice
Vowel Bat - by Shari Sloane