|Psychologist Alex Michalski - School Psychologist (Send e-mail)|
Hello students and families!
My name is Alexandra Michalski and I am the new school psychologist at Chelsea Intermediate School. I grew up in Buffalo, New York and received my undergraduate degree in psychology from The Ohio State University. I recently earned my Ed.S. degree in school psychology from Lehigh University and I am a Nationally Certified School Psychologist. I have experience working at the preschool, elementary, middle, and high school levels to support students and families. I am excited to be a part of the team at Chelsea and I'm looking forward to a great year!
Please feel free to reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 806-4504.
Alexandra Michalski, Ed.S.
Nationally Certified School Psychologist
School psychologists may provide the following supports and services:
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and administrators to find effective solutions to learning and behavior problems.
- Help others understand child development and how it affects learning and behavior.
- Strengthen working relationships between teachers, parents, and service providers in the community.
- Evaluate eligibility for special education services.
- Assess academic skills and aptitude for learning.
- Assess student response to intervention.
- Determine social-emotional development and mental health status.
- Evaluate learning environments.
- Provide brief psychological counseling to help resolve interpersonal or family problems that interfere with school performance.
- Work directly with children and their families to help resolve problems in adjustment and learning.
- Help families and schools manage crises, such as death, illness, or community trauma.
- Design programs for children at risk of failing at school.
- Promote tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity within the school community.
- Develop programs to make schools safer and more effective learning environments.
- Collaborate with school staff and community agencies to provide services directed at improving psychological and physical health.
- Develop partnerships with parents and teachers to promote healthy school environments.
Research and Planning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of academic and behavior management programs.
- Identify and implement programs and strategies to improve schools and instruction.
- Use evidence-based research to develop and/or recommend effective interventions.
Coming Together for a Cause Fundraiser
Tiger University - De-escalation Techniques to Manage Noncompliant or Disruptive Behavior
Downloads ListADHD Parent Guide [9/26/2018]
Back to School Tips [9/26/2018]
Homework Parent Guide [9/26/2018]
Learning Disabilities Identification [9/26/2018]
Netflix's 13 Reasons Why [9/26/2018]
Parent Guide for IEP Meetings [9/26/2018]
Special Education Parent Guide [9/26/2018]
Talking to Children about Violence [9/26/2018]
Who are School Psychologists? [8/21/2018]
Cool LinksIllinois Association of School Psychologists
National Association of School Psychologists
National Reading Panel
U.S. Department of Education IDEA Website