|Ms. Dawn Plestina - Math Interventionist (Send e-mail)|
RED RIBBON WEEK-
OCTOBER 23-27, 2017
See the Downloads and This Week sections for details!
At Chelsea School, we want to keep Halloween a safe and happy celebration. Here are a few guidelines for celebrating Halloween at Chelsea:
• Students are not to wear their costumes to Chelsea. They will have an opportunity to change into their costumes.
• Do not bring to school paraphernalia associated with the costume.
• We want to see student’s faces at all times. Do not wear masks or face paint to school or on the bus.
• Items that simulate weapons will not allowed at school or on the bus.
• Costumes that are violent in nature or inappropriate for the school setting will not be allowed at Chelsea.
• Any inappropriate paraphernalia will be sent to the office.
Thank you for helping us keep Halloween safe at Chelsea.
Highlighted websites for our new math series called Eureka:
In everyday activities we use math skills. You can help your child see this reality by having them do any of the following:
~Pay at a store and figure out the change
~Use a clock to figure out how much time there will be until his/her next activity
~Find geometric shapes in common household items or around the community
~Measure the correct amount of ingredients to make dessert
This week in classMonday
Your Future is Key so Stay Drug Free
Students will sign a red paper key during lunch today to make a pledge to stay drug free. The keys will be displayed at Chelsea for all to see!
From Head to Toe, I’m Healthy
Crazy Hair and Sock Day- wear your craziest socks and make your hair look crazy!
Your Choices are the Key to Your Dreams
Pajama Day- wear your favorite PJ’s.
Team Up and Be Healthy
Sports Day- Wear your favorite team shirt or jersey.
Red Ribbon Day
Red Day-Wear the color red.
Downloads ListRed Ribbon Week [10/16/2017]
Cool LinksEnchanted Learning
Great Minds Games
Learning Planet (Pre K-7th+)
National Library of Virtual Manipulatives (FUN!)